Article 1: Organisation and places
The Défi 48h Très Court Environment is organised by the association Tout en Très Court (hereafter called "the Festival") within the framework of the Très Court International Film Festival. It is divided into two events that take place simultaneously: the French-speaking Très Court selection, in live-action, and the international Animation selection.
The fourth edition of the Défi 48h Très Court Environment will take place from June 3 to 5, 2022 in France and around the world, depending on the shooting locations of the participating teams. A screening of the Défi 48h Très Court Environment films will take place on June 11, 2022 at the Cinémas Studio in Tours (37). In case of problems beyond its control, the Festival keeps the right to cancel or modify the dates and places of the event.
Article 2: Registration conditions
The teams will have to designate two referents (see below Article 3 : Missions of the referent).
The rate is applied per team and not per person, according to the following terms:
- Full price: 50€.
- Reduced price: 40€ - which benefits students, under 25 years old, job seekers, civic services and RSA beneficiaries (the reduced rate applies if both referents are part of one of the above categories)
- Student rate: 30€ - which benefits students in animation school (the reduced rate applies if both referents are part of one of the above categories)
The Festival offers four possibilities of payment:
- By check, payable to "Association Tout en Très Court", to be sent by mail to 33bis rue Terre Neuve, 75020 Paris
- By mobile application Lydia, at the following number 07 67 46 51 77, mentioning as subject: "Name of the team - 48h Challenge
- By credit card, via the Helloasso platform
- By PayPal
Teams register on the Défi 48h Très Court Environment website, on which they fill in and sign their registration form and proceed to the payment from April 1st, 2022 to May 15th, 2022.
All the teams will have to pay the registration fees before Sunday May 22, 2022. Any form or payment received after this date will invalidate the team's entry.
There is no refund of the registration fee.
Article 3: Missions of the referent
Each team designates a primary and a secondary referent.
The second referent is contacted only if the primary referent is unavailable.
If a participant is attending alone, he or she must identify himself or herself as the primary and secondary referent on the registration form.
The referees will also be invited to the award ceremony on Saturday, June 11, 2022 at the Cinémas Studio in Tours (37).
Article 4: Dates and duration of the film
The teams will have 48 hours, from Friday, June 3, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. (Paris time), until Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. (Paris time) to :
- Send their film in .mp4 format via our upload platform trescourt.wetransfer.com
The proposed films must not exceed 4 minutes. They must have a title, credits and the Défi 48h Très Court Environment logo in the first box.
ATTENTION: the 48 hours include the time needed to upload the film. Depending on your connection, the download time can be very long.
Article 5: Constraints
Teams must include the elements that will be stated on June 3, 2022 at 7pm (Paris time) in their film:
- The theme
- A sentence to place
- A character to play
- An object to slide
All the images must be shot during the official period of the Défi 48h Très Court Environment 2022.
Article 6: Preparation
Before the official period of the Défi 48h Très Court Environment, the participants will have to
- Find their filming and creation material
- Put together their team
- Check their equipment
- Locate and reserve shooting locations (optional)
Article 7: Jury and prices
The Jury will be composed of 8 professionals and activists.
- Sponsors: Hervé Kempf, editor-in-chief of Reporterre and Guillaume Lorin, author-director of animated films
- The Europe Ecology Delegation (Greens / EFA Group) : David Corman
- Marianne Chazelas, producer
- Lucrèce Andreae, director
- Camille Chaudron, director
- Éva Navaux, director and winner of the Special Mention for a Green Europe in 2021
- Christian Vidal, Head of the Public Events Department of the city of Tours
The best animated films will be able to compete in both the Very Short and the Animation selection.
The finalist teams of the Très Court selection will be eligible for the CNC/Talent support fund.
The winning teams of the Très Court selection will receive :
- A CNC/Talent grant of €3,000 to help them write a new project in residence
- The promotion of their film on the Imago TV platform as well as a personalized accompaniment in the network.
- A Special Mention for an Ecological Europe with 1 000€.
The winning team of the Animation selection will receive a Special Animation Award.
Article 8: Rights
Participants give the Festival the right to broadcast the selected films for public screenings during the month of June, without compensation. The teams also authorize the right to broadcast the films during the jury screenings.
They give the right to reproduce images or excerpts of less than one minute of these films for broadcasting in the press, on TV channels and on the Internet.
They authorize ImagoTV to broadcast their film on the platform for a defined period.
Finally, they give up the broadcasting of their film on the web spaces of the Très Court International Film Festival.
According to the intellectual property code, all the music or photos used are those for which you have the rights, or free of rights. In case of non-respect of copyright, the festival declines any responsibility. These infringements give rise to criminal sanctions ranging from €3,750 to €30,000 fine and 6 months imprisonment (article L. 335-3-1 and L.335-3-2 CPI).
Article 9: Screenings outside the festival dates
The participants authorize, if they wish, the presentation of their film during public screenings outside the festival dates.
The finalists also authorize their film to be part of the programming of the Instant Très Court, a device that works to broadcast short films of less than 4 minutes in advance in our network of French member theaters. In this case, they give up the diffusion of their film for a period of two weeks.
These authorizations are optional and do not affect the opportunity to be selected.
Article 10: Très Court Film Market
The registered films may be included in a catalog of Très Courts for professionals, and may be viewed on request by accredited persons. The director's and producer's details will be made available to interested professionals.